Canon, one of the most trusted printer brands, has been among the choice of millions around the world. This fair share of popularity is what it has earned over the years through the advancement of technology in its printers, bringing ease of service to the lives of people.
However, like any other printer, Canon printer is likely to get faults after having spent some time in the household or anywhere else. One such fault it gets subjected to is “Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages.” But, the good news is that any fault in your Canon printer is treatable without you having to be technically sound. A little technical knowledge can get you done with it. The only prerequisite would be you following the procedure discussed below to get through the “Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages error.”
Meanwhile, the Canon printer printing blank pages issue gets severe when you install the new cartridges in your printer.
What causes Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
There may be several factors affecting the performance of your printer causing Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages error. Some of them are given below:
- The hardware of your Canon printer is at fault
- A problematic ink cartridge in the printer
- Insufficient ink in the ink tanks
- Incompatible software
- Outdated or corrupt printer drivers
- The wired or wireless devices connected to your printer may be faulty
Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages Error Fixing Techniques
The Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages error can be resolved using the techniques mentioned below:
Check your ink cartridges
On coming across the printer printing blank pages issue, quickly check your ink cartridge whether installed properly and ensure the settings by checking the printer manual.
While installing your ink cartridge, make sure you remove the plastic wrapping completely to get your printer to perform uninterruptedly well, delivering the tasks as required.
Check if there is sufficient ink
One major reason for the printer to print blank pages is when your ink cartridge runs out of ink. You can check if your ink cartridge is empty by checking the menu buttons featured on your Canon printer.
Unblock the Print heads
Your print head may get clogged in the condition if the printer has not been used for quite a long duration. In such a case, the ink in the cartridges dries up and congests the print head of your printer. To get it back on track, you need to unblock the print head with the help of a lint-free cloth. Also, you can attempt an auto cleaning technique to wipe clean the blocked print heads.
Update your printer drivers
The Canon printer printing blank pages may have been caused due to an outdated or corrupt Canon printer driver. If this is the case, try updating your printer driver.
You can update your printer driver using the instructions given below:
- Open the Run dialog box using a shortcut Windows + R.
- Now, type devmgmt.msc in the given space and press Enter.
- You will see a Device Manager window opened up on your screen.
- Now, you need to get the context menu opened up by double-clicking your Canon printer driver on your PC.
- Click on the Driver tab followed by clicking on the Update Driver option.
- This will begin a latest driver to get downloaded taking a while for the process to get completed successfully.
- After having the update process completed, you need to restart your computer and then attempt a test print to check if the printer started printing the document correctly or not.
You can also download a compatible driver for your printer from a reliable driver updater tool for your computer. The tool will automatically scan your system to check if there is any out-of-date or broken printer driver, and then will download the latest printer driver available.