Error 4103 in Canon Printer shows the ‘cannot print’ issue. The alarm flashes 11 times with the 4103 code on the system screen. When you select a document and tap the print option, you may encounter the 4103 code in the canon printer. This error can occur in any (series) model of Canon printer.
The main cause of displaying the 4103 error code is the current print settings that are not allowing your printer to print a document.
As the error 4103 in the canon printer is due to current print settings, you need to change the print settings. Here’s the guide for changing your print settings.
If Page Size can’t select Size to print a document, you can specify the paper’s height and width called custom size. You can change the paper setting in size options and Custom Size. Here are both ways to change the page settings. See below;
Press the Stop button if your printer is working or you’ve already given the command to Print.
Change Setting From Paper Size Options
- Make sure your system has Canon printer software. If not, install from the canon support site, e.g., canon.com/ijsetup.
- Now, use the application and open the Printer Driver Setup window.
- To select a document to print, click Print from the File menu.
- Click on the Print dialog box > model name > Preferences or Properties. The printer driver setup window opens, and select the Page Setup tab.
- Click on Size Options…
- Create a Custom Paper Size Name, set its Size and choose a unit from the list.
- Also, check on the Display Series check box and click OK.
- Now you can select the name of Custom Paper Size anytime registered to Page Size’ Custom Paper Size.
Change Setting from Custom Size
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound (Hardware).
- Select Devices and Printers.
- You can see the canon printer icon where you have to right-click.
- When you see a new menu, click on Printing Preferences.
- Now, the printer driver setup windows display on your computer screen.
- On the page setup tab, click on Custom Size from the list.
- You’ll see Custom Size Settings opened, then customize the width, height, Units.
- Tap OK on the Page Setup.
Important to know –
- Different printer drivers’ paper settings and registered paper information may cause an error; therefore, try to customize the setting same in both.
- You can’t print with the custom size you saved recently when you close the Canon printer software.
- The maximum custom size is 3.2m.
All these guidelines are suitable for duplex printing. With the setting changes, you should try printing. Hopefully, this time you won’t see the 4103 error code.